Just a quick note to inform you of our routines in Year 1.
- Every morning in Year 1 we like the children to participate in a small group activity. Philosophy for children (P4C) teaches reasoning and discussion skills. We like to have a chat every morning during registration time to give children the chance to develop these skills as well as their listening and communication. To allow us to achieve this, we ask that you drop your child off in the cloakroom every morning and allow them to come into the classroom independently. A member of staff will be on the door if you need/would like to speak to them.
- Every child will get the chance to read during the week with me and another supporting adult. In addition to this we will send home individual reading books. We ask that you read as often as you can with your child at home. Every time you read with them, please leave a comment in their home/school book. We will check home/school books on a daily basis and if you have left a comment then we will change the book for your child.
- PE will be on a Monday and a Friday. Please leave your child’s PE kit in school throughout the week in case we have a last minute change to these days.
- Wild Walk will be on a Thursday Please provide your child with a pair of wellies they can leave in school. On occasions we may go outside more than once in a week and may need them. We will provide outdoor clothing to keep your child dry and clean!
- Once children have settled into Year 1, I will begin to send some spellings home. Spellings will be sent home on a Friday and children will be quizzed the following Friday. Some weeks extra homework may be sent home too.
Once our new website is up and running I will put all this information on to the Year 1 Class Page. In the meantime, if you have any queries or questions please don’t hesitate to ask me or any other members of staff.
Mrs Fitzsimmons Mrs Roberts & Miss Grange